Home > Change Log
- Version 5.31 released.
- Reduced memory requirements for opening very large Xlsx files.
- Version 5.30 released.
- Modified XlsxReader to prevent additional issue when reading files generated by some third party tools.
- Version 5.29 released.
- Modified XlsxReader to prevent ArgumentOutOfRangeException when reading files generated by some third party tools.
- Version 5.28 released.
- Fixed bug in XlsxReader to prevent NullReferenceException under .Net Core.
- Version 5.27 released.
- Upgraded .Net Framework build to 4.5.2.
- Added .Net Standard 2.0 build with compatibility for .Net Core 2.0+.
- Version 5.26 released.
- Fixed bug in XLSX parsing to prevent IndexOutOfRangeException on some XLSX files generated by SSRS.
- Version 5.25 released.
- Fixed bug in XLSX parsing to prevent NullReferenceException on cells with borders defined.
- Version 5.24 released.
- Added logic to XLS and XLSX readers to return raw cell value in rare instance where cell format is invalid.
- Fixed bug in OpenXML created XLSX files that might not return text cell values.
- Added logic to prevent ArgumentOutOfRange on OpenXML created XLSX files.
- Version 5.23 released.
- Disabled DTD downloads within XML files read through the various libraries to prevent possible XML External Entity attacks.
- Version 5.22 released.
- Added logic to prevent FileNotFoundException on OpenXML created XLSX files.
- Added logic to prevent NullReferenceException on XLSX files containing chart sheets.
- Version 5.21 released.
- Fixed rare ArgumentOutOfRangeException for some XLS files.
- Version 5.20 released.
- Removed custom zip file reader implementation for XLSX files and replaced with .Net framework implementation which will better handle various third party generated files.
- Version 5.19 released.
- Modified XlsxReader to handle files generated by some third party tools.
- Version 5.18 released.
- Modified XlsxReader to handle files generated by Excel 2013.
- Version 5.17 released.
- Corrected handling of cell text for some Excel documents when ran on a non English culture OS.
- Version 5.16 released.
- Added additional logic to handling of custom date format strings in Excel documents.
- Version 5.15 released.
- Added functionality to XlsxReader to read some OpenXML documents not generated by Excel.
- Updated XlsxReader to fix a bug where an empty row in the spreadsheet might cause parsing to stop.
- Updated header case sensitivity handling in CsvReader, XlsReader, and XlsxReader to match across all readers.
- Version 5.14 released.
- Updated XlsReader to fix a bug where extremely large cell contents were causing an ArgumentOutOfRange exception in constructor.
- Version 5.13 released.
- Updated XlsxReader to fix a bug where some date fields were causing an exception to be thrown based on the local culture settings if not en-US.
- Version 5.12 released.
- Updated XlsxReader to fix a bug where date fields were not being recognized and instead returned as decimals.
- Made assembly compatible with a medium trust environment.
- Version 5.11 released.
- Updated XlsxReader to fix a bug where sheets were loaded out of order when ran on a 64bit framework.
- Updated XlsxReader to significantly reduce load time and memory usage when loading large files.
- Version 5.10 released.
- Updated XlsxReader to fix a bug with Excel spreadsheets that have multiple formats within a single cell.
- Version 5.9 released.
- Updated XlsxReader to fix a bug with Excel spreadsheets that are not compressed.
- Version 5.8 released.
- Updated XlsReader to fix several bugs in Excel formats prior to Excel 95.
- Version 5.7 released.
- Updated XlsReader to not fail when encountering OLE2 implementations with incorrect casing on entries.
- Version 5.6 released.
- Updated XlsxReader to fix a bug with parsing numbers when en-US is not the local culture.
- Version 5.5 released.
- Updated XlsxReader to fix a bug with Excel spreadsheets with deleted sheets not loading.
- Version 5.4 released.
- Updated XlsReader to not fail when encountering bad OLE2 implementations.
- Added .Net 3.5 build.
- Version 5.3 released.
- Updated XlsReader to fix a bug with Excel spreadsheets with empty cells not loading.
- Version 5.2 released.
- Updated XlsReader to fix a bug with Excel spreadsheets with hidden sheets not loading.
- Version 5.1 released.
- Updated XlsReader to fix a bug with Excel spreadsheets with chart data not loading.
- Version 5.0 released.
- Added Excel 2007 xlsx spreadsheet file functionality with XlsxReader and XlsxDataReader.
- Version 4.6 released.
- Updated XlsReader to fix a bug with Excel spreadsheets not returning any data in some number fields.
- Version 4.5 released.
- Updated XlsReader to fix a subtle bug with large Excel spreadsheets throwing random exceptions or returning bad data.
- Version 4.4 released.
- Updated XlsReader to fix a bug with Excel spreadsheets with images or graphs returning bad data.
- Version 4.3 released.
- Updated release to include a specific 2.0 compiled version to fix a bug with XmlRecordReader when called from 2.0.
- Version 4.2 released.
- Updated XlsReader to fix a bug with Excel spreadsheets returning bad data in some calculated fields.
- Version 4.1 released.
- Updated XlsReader to add extra validation step to accomodate apparent third party vendor files with incorrect spreadsheet size definitions.
- Version 4.0 released.
- Added xls spreadsheet file functionality with XlsReader and XlsDataReader.
- Version 3.0 released.
- Added fixed width functionality with FixedWidthReader, FixedWidthWriter, and FixedWidthDataReader classes.
- Added xml functionality for creating stream based readers over xml documents by specifying xpath expressions with XmlRecordReader, and bulk loading with XmlDataReader.
- Version 2.0 released.
- New CsvDataReader class added to bulk insert data into SQL Server using .Net 2.0.
- Added Flush method to CsvWriter.
- Added more complex backslash character escapes like \### and \o### Octal, \x## Hex, \d### Decimal, and \u#### Unicode.
- Addition of non text qualified backslash escape format, ie. Red,Porsche,$56\,995.95. Set UseTextQualifier to false and EscapeMode to Backslash.
- Substitution of common character escapes when EscapeMode is Backslash, ie. \n, \r, or \t.
- Can now specify custom record delimiter using new RowDelimiter property, ie. |, or ;.
- Small speed improvements by combining private methods with only one possible caller.
- Sped up ReadToEnd method in writer by 70% by removing unnecessary nonnullable column constraint.
- Dispose bug fixed for when reader is constructed but never used.
- Initial version released.